Saturday, October 10, 2009

Marching in the Rain...


Ruby has joined the Twirlettes.  She takes her twirling very seriously.  She has had two lessons now.  She thinks she is ready for the twirling olympics!  This Friday was very rainy.  (I should know, I took my class to the apple orchard!)  The rain was NOT letting up.  Ruby however was dressed and ready to go to her first parade.  I personally was hoping it would be cancelled (I know... bad mom, but I had to march in the rain too!!)

Ruby is the smallest Twirlette, but perhaps has the biggest heart!  That little girl of mine marched her heart out, in the POURING rain, and grinned the whole time!  The little ones just linked batons and marched, the big girls were doing a routine up front.  Every time they tossed their batons into the air and caught them Ruby would exclaim, "MOM!  Did you see that?  That is sooooo AWESOME!  I am gonna do that when I get big!"


After the parade, the director complimented Ruby on her "toughness", and told her she was very proud.  Mom was very proud too.  Even Brian has to admit that perhaps Ruby has found her "thing" already.  She sleeps with her baton!  

Today Ruby woke up and asked, "Mom, when are we going to the parade?"  She was ready for another one!  When anyone asks her how the parade went, she says, "It was good, but my hair was sooooo soaked!"  

We'll have to see how she feels about marching in the snow in December!  I'll be sure to keep you posted.

God is good.  All the time.


1 comment:

ilene said...

She sure looks like a twirler!! Two lessons... sounds like its time for me to dig out my Mom's old fire baton for her! Let me know when she thinks she's ready to try that!! :D