Thursday, June 9, 2016

When Life Hands you Lemons...


"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters."
-Audrey Hepburn



I'm almost scared to say it, but my love has been fever free for close to 48 hours. His rash is gone, and his smile is back. His blood counts are starting to look good too. They did a bone marrow biopsy yesterday and I'm praying that they say he just took a little longer to respond to the chemo.  If he DID respond he SHOULD be able to come home in a few days for a couple weeks before starting his next round of chemo. This would be a much nicer scenario than starting more chemo tomorrow.  Please keep those prayers coming! I feel them working and when I look at my husband I SEE them working!

Since he was feeling good today he took me on a date. Yes, a date in the hospital! I'm still feeling all hearts and rainbows and unicorns. I'm sure you are wondering what we did for our date so I'll tell you!  First, we went to an art gallery and looked at all sorts of beautiful artwork in a variety of different medias. There were several different artists on display! (Fine maybe it was the Gifts of Art display on the first floor of the hospital, but it is quite impressive!) Next he took me out for drinks. (At the vending machine, my husband is quite chivalrous!) We also went to a jazz concert on the lawn in the courtyard and I managed to convince him to dance with me outside! I should mention that he held my hand and guided his IV pole at the same time like a boss. Today he told me he's sick of chemo and only wants to look at pretty things now, he also said I'm his favorite thing to look at. ((Swoon)) I felt like a teenager in love. One of the techs that takes care of Brian calls us the "love birds." I imagine there are a lot worse names that we could be called!

Our marriage has been through a LOT, and according to statistics we should be divorced several times over, but somehow we always manage to get through. We are far from perfect, but we are perfect for each other.

Just had to share my pretty amazing day, it's one I want to remember forever.

God is good. All the time. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you had such an awesome day!