Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Party's Over....


Uggghhhh....back to work tomorrow. After a week of "sleeping in"(ha!)...and not HAVING to do anything, I am in the dreading work mode.


Break has been good. Puppy Cakes is no where near being house trained. She enjoys pooping in Noah's room. I don't blame her, it is a pig sty...I've now nicknamed his room "poo poo palooza". He's remembering to shut his door more often. :)


Here is my list of things that I will never ever do again over spring break...


1. Let your husband promise to buy your son a new Power Wheels motorcycle if he will just let his sisters ride his motorcycle without crying.


That Matthew has a mind like a steel trap when it comes to getting things he wants. My husband had thought that Matthew forgot about it, and was quite pleased with his problem solving, until Matthew was at Toys R Us with him. Upon spotting the new sporty red Harley Davidson Power Wheels Matthew jumped on it and told Brian "You can get me dis one dad...just yike you pwomised..." What was Brian going to do? Luckily the manager was willing to sell him the floor model. It saved a few bucks...


2. Take all five children to get hair cuts at the same time. No explanation needed.


3. Put away the winter clothes.


4. Get hair highlighted and cut at Fantastic Sams. (I was wanting to get pretty, but feeling rather broke after Power Wheels and paying for hair cut for all the kids...)


I should have ran screaming when the lady whipped out one of those caps...but I didn't. I should have said "no need to trim things up" but I didn't. I should have jumped out of the chair and ran like hell as she started to just randomly lift up chunks of my hair and snip away. Instead I just sat there. Big mistake. It didn't look THAT bad at the time...or maybe I was just in survival mode... but the next morning reality sunk in.


Needless to say, my "cheap" haircut ended up costing me double and then some. I went to Tricho at the mall and had to have them fix both the cut and the color. Should have went there in the first place.


I did no sewing over break. Ricky is nagging me about making some dragon pants. At the rate I'm going, I may make him some dragon shorts. I didn't read any books, didn't get a chance to watch my soap, and didn't get any great naps in either. (Damn those toddler beds!!) My days of throwing the girls in their cribs and sneaking downstairs for a nap are over!


Things could always be worse. At least we have no house guests. Oh wait...my mil and my nephew are coming to visit next month.


On the brighter side of things...I am looking forward to winning Missy's 100th post contest, opening day for baseball, and June 7th.
God is good. All the time.

2 comments:

SpeechMom said...

Hey Krista - I love the haircut - it looks great

Missy said...

why would Bri promise him something crazy like that?!? You know my solution..."no bike for you!"

sorry to hear about your crazy haircut. I'm about to give my kids the ultimate in cheap cuts...A Mommy Cut! Agggggg...Nooooooooo. ;-)

We're not heading down until the 24th. I get to drive with CrAzY. yippee.

love ya,
Miss