Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting Close to 50....




I am getting dangerously close to my 50th post, which I guess in blog land means you are supposed to have some type of drawing and lovely hand made prize for a lucky commenter. I am not near so craftily talented as my friends, so I am quite thankful that most times the only person who comments is my sister. I can exclude her from winning since she is related to me. As for the rest of my commenters (few as they are) I don't think any of them are in need of anything produced by my hands! Besides...I need a new needle in my sewing machine.




Maybe I'll do a drawing for a Webkinz...who knows???




We had a lovely 4th, spending the afternoon and evening with dear friends and family. The boys were really disappointed about the cancellation of the Ford Lake fireworks, so Brian tried to make it up to them by buying as many fireworks as he could at Walmart. Truth be told, I think the dads had more fun with the fireworks than the kids...what do you think??


Here are Maurice, Brian and Donny trying to light as many fireworks as possible simultaneously in order to put on a big show for "the kids".



My sister let Bella attempt to spend the night. She had a blast (even though she didn't officially sleep over) and fit right in with our wild children.
Here's another shot of the gang
Although it may appear that Bella is in the process of being ignited, I can assure you dear sister that she was safely on the lawn...she was going back to her assigned spot as I snapped this picture!



Bella rejoined us on the 5th (bright and early I might add) for some swimming fun with the cousins. Yes, I know her swimsuit is on backwards, and so did she, but she thought it was "just fine". Who am I to argue?? My kids are usually naked!
Here's Clara in her new "cheese" pose. If I tell her to say "cheese" she holds her hands out like that. I'm hoping it's just a phase. Although to look on the bright side, at least she's holding still! Here's Ruby...or trouble as she should have been named. (Notice the hose in her hand!!) You know what they say about the baby of the family...


I've started to worry about the absence of Noah in my pictures. Being the oldest, he is always doing his own thing...I think I may have to dedicate my 50th post to just him. :)

Check back soon for more pics and the details of Bella's birthday party.

God is good. All the time.

1 comment:

SpeechMom said...

Hi Krista -

It's amazing how the oldest fades from pictures, we've noticed the same thing about Andi in our camping pictures!!! Hope your having a great summer!!!