Sunday, April 12, 2009

How I spent my Spring Break... Sigh...

Happy Easter To All!
 I am amazed by how quickly something you long for can pass so quickly by.  I was counting the days until spring break, and now it is almost over!  We didn't really do anything "exciting" in the traditional sense.  Alyssa visited us BEFORE our spring break, and since we were so busy with the regular life, that went by WAY to quickly. 
Alyssa and the kids at Chuck E. Cheese...

Poor girl spent her break volunteering in preschool classrooms, going on field trips, and attending sixth grade band concerts.  She endured well, and all of us were very sad to see her go back "home".  The highlight for me was taking her prom dress shopping.  We found the store she wanted to go to (DEBS in case you are wondering) and she tried on almost every dress in the store.  Including the ones on the mannequins!  We finally found her perfect dress, and I was happy to buy it for her.  That was fun, but the best part was on the way home when she told me "I could have gone prom dress shopping at home, but I wanted to do it with you."  Getting teary eyed now just thinking about it.  I will be anxiously awaiting her pictures.  Prom is next Saturday.  I'm a little tempted to drive myself down there (what's four hours there and four hours back to see you daughter off to prom?)  and back just so I can see with my own eyes.  Not sure what DH will think of my idea.... 

So the highlight of MY spring break, was going to a much anticipated trip to the Parlour in Jackson.  It's a super yummy ice cream place with gigantic proportions!  It was kind of a celebration of our weight loss competition, although I should have invited more people.... (sorry Ilene!)  Here are a few highlights from that day...

Ricky showing his fruit smoothie finishing prowess.... where did this kid come from?  A FRUIT smoothie at an ice cream parlour?  At least it wasn't a corn dog...  :)
Ruby enjoying her ice cream, and Haley enjoying Ruby... 
Dear friends, and their son.  (Am I allowed to use your names on MY blog?)
Haley, Ruby, and Spiderman...
Today is Easter, we are going to the Brewsters house.  I still wish my extended family was able to figure out how to get together all in one place for the holidays, but I guess I should have thought of that before having so many children!   Girls are exited to have new bikes, Matthew got a new Power Ranger gun/sword (I know...not very Eastery) Ricky got some Bakugan, and Noah got a Snuggie and a video game.  Everyone seems happy for the moment!  

I finally figured out how to upload pictures to my laptop (I know...I am a technology moron) so hopefully I will be able to blog more frequently.  Although that being said,  baseball is gearing up to be in full swing in the next two weeks.  Right now it's just practices that have me running all over!  So maybe I won't be blogging more.  We'll see....  Ruby's recital is in May.  I'll definitely be blogging about that.Hope your day is filled with peace, love, and family memories...

God is good.  All the time.

1 comment:

ilene said...

Great pictures! Glad you finally got rid of Ellen!! You are right, break went by very quickly!! Don't you like the names Pepper, Salt and Dill? :)