Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hi... My Name is Clara, and my dog eats cat poop...

Well, I've been a terrible blogger as of late. It's not that I don't want to blog, or that I have nothing to blog about, it just seems as if my ideas for posting come at awkward times. Like when I am in the shower, or on the way out the door, or about to go to bed...

We had a great summer. In an effort to keep the neighbors from getting a restraining order put into effect on the kids, we got a pool for the backyard. The kids loved it. It wasn't too big, it wasn't too fancy, but they loved it and spent many many many hours swimming in debris filled water. I really tried to keep up, but the teeny filter was not meant to keep up with five Boyers and half the neighbors. It's funny how popular a pool in the backyard can make you! But I digress...

Summer has come and gone, and so has Ricky's birthday. Traditionally I post the top however many years worth of things that I love about the birthday child on their birthday. But I missed the boat, and so let's just say I love Ricky 999 ways, but the best thing about Ricky is that he still holds my hand in public. :) You gotta love a mama's boy.

So if you've managed to read this far you are probably wondering what these random thoughts have to do with the title, and if you hang with me for just a moment... (or maybe two, I've been know to ramble...) I will get there.

The kids are ALL in school. Clara and Ruby started kindergarten this year! They go all day every day, and to be honest, Clara was less than thrilled. In fact she was SO less than thrilled that right before school started SHE stopped pooping and I thought she had appendicitis. Twice.

As you can probably guess, Ruby LOVES school. Like skips through the hall and giggles and glows, and could care less if I were in the building or not kind of loves school.

Clara has been a little more timid in her approach. She is not doing the crying, wailing, drooling that she did last year, but her response to the first day was, "It's not too bad."

The other day in the hallway, I noticed the paraprofessional who works in her room looking at me a little strangely. Later, she told me I no longer have any family secrets. Frantically I began to relive the last few weeks of my life trying to think of WHAT incidents I would have to try to explain to the now all knowledgeable coworker of mine. I tried to keep the panic out of my voice as I asked, "So... what did she tell you?" She laughed and said she mostly talked about her brothers, and I began to relax. I then smiled and agreed that they can be quite annoying. It was in that moment she let the cat poop out of the bag. She smiled and said, "She also says her dog Pepper is her best friend. Even though he likes to eat cat poop."

Out of the mouths of babes... (I guess we should be thankful it's not out of dogs....)

God is good. All the time.

1 comment:

ilene said...

I'm with Clara.... school's no that bad!! Glad you had a great summer. My boy LOVED playing in the Boyer pool.... debris and all!!! :)