Monday, July 29, 2013

Because I read my last two posts and wanted to jump off a cliff.....

Times have been admittedly tough, but last night I read my blog again and then I couldn't sleep.  It was too depressing.  My situation is depressing, and I will admit that I am struggling with things right now, but I don't want to be known as the female blog equivalent of Lurch. 


^^^^THIS IS NOT ME^^^^

 My spirit is a little wounded, but I still in there, and I am not going anywhere.  I am just hiding in a deep dark cave in my head.  I'll be back.  I promise.  

Here are some things I was thinking about last night while I couldn't sleep after reading my depressing blog... and I was thinking of things people keep saying to me... and how sometimes those things are just weird.  

1.  I was wishing I would win the lottery, and imagining all the GOOD things I would do when I thought, why do people say "If wishes were fishes?"  or do I have that saying wrong?  What good would wishes being fishes be?  That seems rather unfulfilling, and kind of gross.  What is the REST of the saying?    It reminded me of the All State commerical where the guy says, "That's All State's Stand."  For THE LONGEST TIME I thought the guy was saying "That's All State, Stan" as in a guy named Stan.... it didn't really phase me, until one night I asked my husband, "Why do they call everyone Stan in these commercials?  That doesn't make me want to buy insurance..."  Brian looked at me with a strange look then told me that they guy was saying "That's All State's Stand"  not "Stan"  then he laughed at me.... quite a bit, and now every time we see an All State commercial he calls me "Stan".  He is hilarious.... (not really)   

2.  A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  To this I say keep your bird in the bushes PLEASE.  I am terrified of birds.  They have very beady bird eyes and I am certain that they are just waiting for the opportunity to peck MY eyes out, or poop on my car... or me!  The cause of my fear may have been premature exposure to Albert Hitchcock's The Birds, or common sense... but I do not like birds.  Even a little.  

3.  'Well, it could be worse."  This is always very uplifting thing to hear.   You are right.  It could be worse, but that doesn't really make it any better.  I suppose on top of us both being laid off we could be struck with the bubonic plague, or a freak storm could suck us up in a tornado and we would have to carve our way out of a shark with a chainsaw... that WOULD be worse... but knowing that we could just add those things to our situation doesn't make it any better.  

4. "Did you apply for that job in ________________"  Yes.  Yes I did.  I am thoroughly aware that NOT applying for jobs will make it exponentially more difficult to get a new one.  I have applied, thank you for keeping me on my toes.  

5.  I wish I could be a minion. Okay, nobody says,  "Hey have you considered being a minion?"  (Well besides my friend Danielle and she lives far away.)  It's just something I have been thinking about, and it was getting really late.   Minions are always happy, and six kids ago I could totally rock a french maid outfit,  They are always so friendly, and yellow, and have the ability to just laugh off even the worst situations!  Even when they are evil they are such a nice shade of purple....  


I would be an adorable minion, then I realized that they are all named Doug and Steve and Kevin, and thought maybe girls were not allowed to BE minions... which would be totally unfair, but you know what they say, "Life's not fair.  Deal with it."

So, while I don't know about that job, I'll keep applying.  Even thought I can't be a minion, I will keep telling myself that it could be worse, try to get a bird in my hand (eww), and keep a positive outlook.  Something better is sure to come along soon.  Right Stan?

God is good.  All the time.  


1 comment:

beth said...

I thought it was if wishes were horses than beggars would ride. My mom alway said that to me when i was a kid. not that it makes a lot more sense than wishes being fishes mom