Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A New Camera and Fried Chicken....



Here is the fried chicken I cooked for dinner yesterday. My family loves it, and I love my new camera. It was accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes and applesauce, but he kids got into the applesauce before I could take my picture. :)

I have been going into school this week trying to get my classroom ready for the children. Classes start on the 5th of September. We have a loft in our classroom which served as a storage space for me last year, however I have decided it would make a nice peaceful reading nook for the children so I am cleaning it out. Let me make it clear that organization is not my strong suit. The room now looks worse today than it did before I started cleaning. After a few hours, I realized that I was getting nothing done, but moving one things from one place to another. I really need to bring in a giant trashcan and force myself to part with anything that I never used last year, or all the things I didn't even know I had in the room. Then I could get a true fresh start. I am a bit of pack rat, as I think all teachers are. My goal for tomorrow..."Get rid of unnecessary stuff!". I will bring in my camera to show any progress made....pray for me!

Here are a few pics I took with my cool new camera. As you will see my photography skills, and the cooperation of my children have not improved! Besides, if my children were always smiling and in matching clothes without the odd bit of food (or worse) stuck to their faces I would not be portraying the real me. Another goal of mine...be happy with who I am, thank God for each day, and appreciate the humor that comes along with having so many children.

While I am thinking about it.....


Things I Never Thought I'd Have to Say #2



"Who put the watermelon in the potty chair?"




I don't think this one needs any explanation. I should be coming up with many more things I never thought I'd have to say once school starts. I always say I'm going to write them down. Ah ha! Yet another goal for myself!!












Matthew and Ricky say "It wasn't me!"














Noah says "We have watermelon?"










Ruby quickly answers "Clara"









Clara just laughs....hmmmmm? The guilty party perhaps??


My children are very quiet upstairs which makes me a tad nervous...so I shall sign off for now. Pray for sudden and swift organizational skills to be bestowed upon me. I will keep you posted on my progress.







Thumper looks a wee bit guilty doesn't he?

God is good. All the time.....

No comments: