Monday, August 13, 2007

Who I am...









I am a wife, mother, and kindergarten teacher. My husband Brian is my knight in dirty carharts. He is a contractor, and as surely as he has faults to others, he is (most of the time) perfect to me! I have five children at home, one in heaven, and one currently living with her biological mother.

My family is my life! My children are Alyssa, who is 16 and currently living in Ohio with her "real" mom....long story, I'll save it for another day! Noah is 9 and going into 5th grade. He is my sensitive, braniac, who also happens to be addicted to video games, although I only let him play games that are rated "E" for everyone. Ricky is 6 and going into 1st grade. He is my "wild" child. All boy most people would say. He wants to be either the president or a pirate....that pretty much sums him up! Briona is my saint. She was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, and passed away while awaiting a heart transplant at the age of three months. She would have been five this October. Matthew is three. He will be starting school this fall...which is scary because he wears a size 2t yet! He has some sort of growth delay, which actually is the reason I was able to get him into school so soon. I always say though, good things come in small packages. This is especailly true in Matthew's case. Clara and Ruby are my twin girls. They are not identical in any sense of the word. Clara was born first, and is the classic "girly girl", perfectionist, tempermental, (complete with temper tantrums), not liking "icky" things, and playing with dolls. Ruby is the little girl I was always wishing for after each succesive boy. I often said "Just a girl to dress in pink WHILE she swings from the trees would be nice!" That is my Ruby. Even tempered....always tagging after her brothers, but the first one to pick out a frilly dress and wear it while playing in the mud!

I love my life and all of the blessings and miracles that happen every day. I am getting ready to go back to work as a kindergarten teacher, which I love...but it will take awhile to get back into the groove after a summer of runny nosed kisses and lazy days of snuggling.

I truly cannot think of anything else that I could ask for. (Well maybe a tummy tuck and some lypo, but I digress...again that is for another day!) My plan is to post things that I always say I need to write down, but never do...like my list of things I never dreamed I'd have to say aloud....

Things I Never Thought I Would Say Aloud
#1. Who pooped on the floor?
I feel the need to explain this one....my Matthew JUST got potty trained. In order to do this, I just let him run around in the buff...much to my neighbor's chagrin! The girls have been quite fascinated with his lack of diaper and have now figured out how to take theirs off as well...they have a potty seat, and they LOVE to put toilet paper in the toilet...but so far, they just take off their diapers and hide somewhere....and yes...poop on the floor. At this point though they are quite proud of their acomplisment, and usually my question is answered with a proud..."Me!"

No comments: