Sunday, August 26, 2007

Yeeeehaw!!!

Tonight we went to the rodeo, it's become a bit of a tradition in our house. Brian and I enjoy going because the rodeo was one of our first dates, the kids like to go mostly I think in the hopes of getting us to buy them "stuff".

We got a sitter for Clara and Ruby, and Noah decided he didn't want to go (he doesn't like the steer wrestling or the calf roping...he worries about the calves...) so Brian and I got to go out with just TWO of our children! Which is a rare treat.

Matthew was a little confused, as he thought we were going to go to ROMEO's house! Romeo is a dear playmate, and Matthew and Ricky both think he is great! If you read this, please keep him in your prayers. He is only six years old and has had to battle cancer twice already. Recent test results show that "something" might be going on again...but his poor mom Michelle has to wait until September 10th to see endocrinology! Keep her in your prayers as well. As a mom to a very sick child myself once upon a time, I can empathize with the roller coaster of emotions she is riding!

I couldn't quite figure out why Matthew kept telling me the drive was too long, but when we arrived at the fairgrounds, he said "Where Romeo at?....Hey...why him got all these people here!" He was a little disappointed I must admit, until he saw the horses, and the cowboys! He was in awe, and now wants to be a cowboy for Halloween.

Ricky LOVED the action and excitement of the rodeo. He was disappointed that he didn't get to be a part of the "mutton busting" kid competition which is an event when they put the kids on a sheep and they hold on for dear life! I told Ricky we'd try to get him signed up for the competition next year, and just as his big blues began to get teary, Dad showed up and saved the day with cotton candy! Yea dad!

Brian and I enjoyed the evening as well. Holding hands at the dusty fairgrounds and watching our boys try to lasso one another with their trick ropes was a pleasant end to the hustle and bustle of the week.

God is good. All the time.

1 comment:

Missy said...

awwww...shucks...I wish I could have gone to the rodeo!

The pics look good. I hope your new camera is working out for you.

love,
Miss