Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hospitals, School, and Cupcake Theives!

Hospitals

What an unpredictable start to the school year! My DH and two of my boys Matthew and Noah were in a terrible car accident last week! Poor Noah, he had gone up with Brian to work on Grandma's cabin drywalling, mudding, and the like, and as a reward for his hard work, Brian was going to take him to Mackinaw Island at the end of the week. Noah was really looking forward to seeing the bridge, the ferry ride, seeing the fort, and eating fudge...however on the way they were struck by another car and poor Noah ended up in the hospital with a lacerated spleen instead. Thankfully Brian and Matthew were bumped and bruised, but otherwise okay. Brian's mom has a broken wrist, a broken ankle, and five broken toes. Aunt Glenda was also injured. She has a fractured hip and knee. Noah is home now, but on bed rest for three more weeks, and then on restricted activity for four months. He is stir crazy already. Poor kid! Here is the little trooper in the hospital with his best girl bud Abi. They make a cute pair don't they?







Noah was the best patient ever. He asked the nurses lots of questions and listened while they explained things to him. He also complimented the kitchen staff every time they brought him a meal, one time quipping to a nurse "Your chefs sure must put their best effort into every meal, because everything has been so tasty!" Poor lady, she had a hard time keeping a straight face!



Thankfully through all of this, once again my friend Missy was around to save the day! She lives not to far from the hospital and was able to swoop in and pick up Matthew and keep him for a few days while Brian stayed with Noah. I made it up there Friday afternoon, and I don't think I took a real breath from the time of Brian's phone call, until I laid my hands on both of my boys. Matthew was worried I was going to make him go home when he saw me. He was thrilled to be staying with Missy. He thinks going "up north" means a trip to Aunt Mimi's house, and kept asking his dad when they were going to get to her house while they were at Grandma's. Hmmm...be careful what you wish for little man! Missy also kept Noah once he was discharged form the hospital for a couple of days until Brian could get his mom and aunt situated. Thanks Meems....you are the best!



School!


My Matthew started school on Monday! He was so worried about going...but he absolutely loves it! He thinks his teachers are the best, and really is enjoying all of the art projects and of course going to gym! He doesn't have school on Fridays, but this Friday I woke up to him dressed (in a pajama top and backwards pants) and ready for school! He was HEARTBROKEN to realize that he didn't get to go, but is looking forward to returning on Monday.








Cupcake Thieves


















Well, these pictures aren't coming out the way I want them to, but you get the picture! Silly me! I left cupcakes from school on the counter. Ruby, my sugar mama climbed onto the table, up to the counter, and helped herself to the whole container! I was grateful for three things,


1. I actually knew where my camera was.


2. My camera had batteries in it....


3. Ruby sat herself in her seat before she started eating!


Clara had been busy admiring herself in her new Vintage Lucys outfit, but came running when she smelled the sweet smell of frosting. I need to add a forth item to my list...



4. Ruby actually gave Clara a cupcake! No tantrums!!

Ricky somehow managed to stay out of my camera's eye this week which is unusual. I guess I'll have to start snapping and dedicate a whole post to just him. :)

God is good. All the time.





No comments: