Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Wonder Years....

It's a rather odd habit I have, but sometimes as I watch things unfold in the lives of my children I hear the beginning line of a story being told in my head.  Like the man voice in the wonder years.  So here are a few pics that the voice in my head has been begging me to share...

 " It seemed like a strange welcome to our family, but then I remembered that Hell had great ice cream."


"I frantically rehearsed the lines in my head, what if I forgot the words?  In front of all those people? And then she appeared, and her smile sent a sense of calm through my five year old body"



"I knew my mom would comment about my handwriting so I quickly grabbed my solar oven and stood in front of the display, hoping to divert her attention"




"I would never have thought that splashing on the banks of Hell Creek would feel a little bit like Heaven"



"I always knew I was going to be a dancer.  I just had to figure out how to get to people to notice me"


"I loved being in the dug out with the players.  Listening to the coaches yell, the players swear, and the crowd cheer.  When I scooped up the bat, I liked to imagine they were cheering for me."

Summer as all good things do, is passing by much too quickly.

God is good.  All the time.

1 comment:

ilene said...

I loved the Wonder Years!!! Great pictures and a great time in Hell!! :)