Friday, February 8, 2008

I love my mailman....

Ok, so maybe he just delivered the package, but look what I got in the mail today!



And this....






and this.....








And my most favorite....... this!!!





A yard of each...just waiting to be sewn into lounge pants and twirl sets. My pictures do not do the fabric justice, but they are thick and soft, and I'm having a good time just stroking them. It is a sickness I think....I have begun to hoard fabric. I have no sewing room...I am not a very good sewer, (I can't even dream to call myself a seamstress!!) yet I am driven to collect fabric to sew on my $90.00 machine. I don't think my machine is worthy....maybe I'll just have to stash these somewhere. Or maybe....I could use an even fancier machine! My birthday is coming up in May...Is there a 12 step program for this????? If my husband got me a newer fancier machine would he be enabling me?




In case you are wondering, the chess tournament was a bust. It was the biggest tournament ever, with just under 700 kids competing. My boys each won two of their five matches. Ricky has asked that if people ask me about how he did at the tournament, to just tell them "He doesn't want to talk about it". Noah was dissappointed, but bounced back as soon as we got back to the hotel and I let him get his DS out. I belive Ricky is still holding a grudge. Here's a pic of my little men at the tournament. I'm really proud of them.






Nothing makes one get over a dissappointment faster than a good ice cream sundae, so on our way back, we stopped at The Parlour in Jackson, for one of these....



It's called a JUNIOR Dare to be Great. I felt it was appropriate for the situation! Noah, Cameron, Ricky and Dylan seemed to be up for the challenge!


Noah wanted us to order the "real" Dare to be Great, which if eaten alone within an hour entitles you to a plaque on the wall with your name on it. Good thing I didn't fall for his pleading!!


Ricky is saying "Just say no to finishing this thing!!" (Dylan and Cameron gave up several scoops before my boys!) and Noah is trying to shovel in one last mouthful. For the record, this is his actual last bite!

Will try to blog more often. I imagine if you have read this to the end, your eyeballs may be shriveled up now!


God is good. All the time.







No comments: