Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lessons Learned....

So today was not the best day ever.  I took the girls to the dentist and found out they need a LOT of work done.  I mean... A LOT!  I am thinking of just having all their teeth pulled and getting them teeny tiny dentures.  I am pretty sure that it would be a lot cheaper.  

Story # 1

I tried to take them to the dentist earlier but was told they were too young... I tried to go to an in network dentist to save a few bucks...  lessons learned??  1) Going to the dentist is expensive.  It doesn't matter where you go.   2) Nurse Helene is a valuable resource when you need to find ways to get things done and 3) If I invent mini dentures for kids with "weak enamel" like mine have I could save a lot of folks a lot of money... and get rich all at the same time.  Oh yes... 4) My dental insurance blows monkey butts....

Story #2

The kids want a dog.  They keep telling me this.  I tell them talk to their father as he is the one who is prohibiting the dog getting!  He wants a big dog (WHEN he decides we can have one) and the kids want a little dog.  In the car tonight they were asking "why don't we have a dog" "why don't we have a dog" "how come dad gets to be the boss" "we want to get a little dog" "we want to name the dog Delgado" blah blah blah.  I finally told them that they were talking to the wrong person.  If it were up to me I would have a dog (or two) but it's not!  So Matthew asked"Why IS dad the boss?" to which I had no real answer.  I will have to ponder this more... perhaps in therapy.  The kids came up with a great idea though for changing his mind.  Ruby piped up "We should whip he" Clara said "Yea, then you should say Who's the Boss Now Daddy and whip he some more" and Matthew said "And when he gives up and says okay you are the boss, you can go get a dog mommy!"  It creates a rather amusing mental picture doesn't it?  Lessons learned??  1) Therapy is good... 2) My kids may need therapy in the future...

Story #3

I am a self defined vacation bible school whore.  I will send my kids to any vacation bible school willing to take them for free, the ones that come and get them are even better.  Needless to say, the kids are going to bible school this week, and so far have loved it.  Clara didn't want to go tonight because she was "too tired".  Matthew told her she needed to go so that she could learn about God.  (Go Matthew!!)  Clara calmly replied that she already knows about God, so she was going to stay home with her Stinky Corner (blanket).  I asked Clara, "What do you know about God?" Her answer?  "God made us.  God watches us.  And God doesn't want us to be scared."  I was very impressed!  I made her go to bible school anyhow.  :)
Lessons learned:  1) Free bible school rocks!  2) Kids say it best.  

Hoping for a better tomorrow....

God is good.  All the time.  

2 comments:

ilene said...

I love story 3 Megamom!! I wish Vacation Bible School came by my house to pick up my kids too!!! It is good that you are enriching their religious experiences.... watch out for Monks, Nuns and Cults... don't give your kids to any bus that goes by!!! LOL! <3

Missy said...

My gang has a dentist visit the 30th where I already have an astronomical outstanding bill. No insurance here. I miss the days when dental was part of every health insurance plan.