Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summertime...

Greetings from our house to yours....


Brian has a job interview tomorrow.  I've kind of put a whole lot of eggs... okay, all of them into one basket as far as this goes.  I am so hoping he gets it, but I guess today it hit me that there are likely a whole lot of other wives out there thinking the same thing.  So whether you are a finger crosser,  or a person of prayer, keeping us in your thoughts would be nice.  

In the meantime, summer seems to be flying by.  We had planned a big camping trip, but Brian's work schedule would not allow for him to be able to travel with us.  Call me crazy, but the thought of five kids in a tent and no husband became less and less appealing as the date approached.  So I cancelled.   I know... I can hear some of you clucking as I type.  I am a chicken.  Pauwk Pauwk...  

Thankfully a friend took Noah (who was heartbroken to not be going), so I'm sure we'll hear all about the fun we missed!  

Seriously, look at these three.  Would you want to be stuck in a tent with them for three days?  


Last night we went to the carnival.  We were hesitant at first.  I am not very fond of carnivals.  They just don't seem very safe, but the kids were begging, and pleading, and even "cleaned up" the house.  The kids had a blast.  When they found a ride they liked they rode it over and over and over again, making us grateful for the wristbands we shelled out big bucks for.  Here are a few pics from the day...

Here's Ricky...
And Clara smiled more last night than I have ever seen.  Only problem was every time I tried to snap a picture she would dart off to the next ride.  She LOVED the carnival!!!

Ruby and Matthew... I've got tons of pics of these two!  (As usual) But I thought this one was extra sweet.  :)

God is good.  All the time.

1 comment:

SpeechMom said...

I'll keep the job situation in my prayers!! good luck!!