Monday, July 6, 2009

Lucky...

Ruby and Her Great Grandma Lucy...


I often say I think my grandmother is part cat.  There has been more than one occasion in which we've been told "Not much longer..." but apparently being hard of hearing comes in handy, as nobody told her that, so before long she is back at home wondering when she is going to be able to mow her lawn again.  

Grandma has been sick more often lately, and has had to spend quite a bit of time in the hospital and recuperating in nursing homes.  She is 90, and looks it.  The boys are clearly uncomfortable going to visit her, and to be honest she is not really up to all of the chaos caused by a troop of visitors in a small room.  

The girls however, whenever asked what they want to do usually pipe up "Let's go visit Grandma Lucy!"  This may have a little to do with their penchant for vending machine goodies, but I like to think that there is more to it than that.  Clara often says "Grandma is so sick" and Ruby will often pipe up "Hers got hoses in hers nose"  Yesterday we found ourselves just us girls, and decided to go pay Grandma a visit.  We took the DVD of Ruby's dance recital so Grandma could watch it.   She seemed to enjoy it very much.  

I was happy to have my camera with me, and got the chance to snap these pictures.  It was a nice visit, and I am so glad the girls have a chance to spend time with their great grandma.  

Clara and Her Great Grandma Lucy

God is good.  All the time.

1 comment:

SpeechMom said...

Great pictures - and a great story. Glad you had a good visit with Great Grandma!!