Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lent is taking a long time...

Lent is hard, but nothing compared to what Jesus endured for us, so while I wish I could log onto Facebook and spend mindless hours, my "suffering" truly lacks in comparison....

That being said I feel the need to mention that I see Cadbury Eggs everywhere I go. (I also eat them...) Despite this observation, I have counted up, and see that I still have 35 DAYS until Easter!! I guess Cathy was right, the Sundays of Lent do not count, so I could cheat.....

Here is a short list of things that I wish I had given up INSTEAD of Facebook....

Chuck E. Cheese... I could TOTALLY give up that place for 40 Days and some Sundays as well...


Roller skating. I did that not too long ago, fell down, and bruised my knees. I could do without roller skating....


Sitting in hot tubs in the snow. Now that would be a little trickier, but notice I have the whole "in the snow" clause... is it to late to add a clause to this year?


I could give up Clara having surgery on her legs....even if she does make cute funny faces while on Versed...



Or lastly, I suppose I COULD have given up creme brûlée..... but that would be just silly.



God is good. All the time.



No comments: