Thursday, March 1, 2012

Too many days to keep track of... For Debra....


"Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend's success." 
- Oscar Wilde

I do not have a very fine nature. My co-teacher, my partner in crime, my sounding board, my FRIEND has gotten a wonderful opportunity and instead of helping her celebrate I cry every time I see her.

I am the QUEEN of DENIAL, and I do not want Monday to come. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around how different things will be when I can't walk by room 1 and see Debra. I never went to Perry expecting to find such a wonderful mentor, exercise partner, and more importantly friend. I think I often take for granted how amazingly lucky I have been for the past six years.

I will miss our daily chats, especially during my Facebook free Lent! I will miss your funny toe running shoes, even though I just point at them and giggle and refuse to run. I will miss you saving me a seat at PD days, you always know how to keep me focused. I will miss marathon IEP days during conferences, and the Good and Plenty that you always have on hand when I most need them.

Thank you Debra for being an amazing friend. I will miss you more than you can imagine, even though you are just across the district.

"I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me. I'd like to be the help that you've been always glad to be; I'd like to mean as much to you each minute of the day, as you have meant, old friend of mine, to me along the way." 
- Edgar A. Guest

(I am totally NOT calling you old, that was just in the quote...)

Debra, I wish you the best of luck in your new position, and nothing but happiness with each new day.

God is good. All the time.


1 comment:

ilene said...

Krista, You said it very well. The building will be a different place without Debra there in room 1. Luckily, I think a part of her heart will always be there... so she'll be back lots to check in and visit! I look forward to it. :)